Presentation, Preparation and Standardisation of Herbal Medicinal Products
Instructor: M. A. Odeniyi
Language of Delivery: English
Mode of Delivery: Recorded video
Course Fee: N5,000
Duration: 4 weeks
This course discusses the presentation of herbal extracts as dosage forms, factors affecting the formulation of herbal products and methods of standardization and analysis of such products. Assignments will be given after each lecture.
Expected Participants: The course is meant for all healthcare practitioners and anyone interested in the development of herbal extracts in dosage forms. It has been presented in a way that students and practitioners of Pharmacy, Healthcare practitioners and a general audience will find accessible and useful.
- Understanding good herbal processing practices for the production of herbal materials, preparations and dosage forms
- Understanding different herbal dosage forms and factors influencing formulation decisions
- Understanding challenging properties of herbal medicines in comparison with orthodox medicines
- Understanding preparation of several herbal dosage forms
- Evaluating stability profiles for herbal products